Wednesday 16 October 2013

Researching Goddesess.....

Good Morning!
Been a busy few days..... as you know I am taking  Moonshine with Effy, and it has really been interesting and informative..... it has opened a need within me to know more about Goddesses, and there are soooo many of them.. I was googling myself into a hole!  ***confused***

So.. I popped to Amazon, and I picked up a Goddess Tarot Set.. it is Beautiful.... the cards are stunning, and in the book there is just enough info on each one to let me decide if I want to investigate further (mostly yes!)

So I decided to make a Goddess Journal..... had to make a new journal to start with... cos, well, just cos I did.....  then I started playing!

This is Kali, a Hindu Goddess, who has been very heavily stylized in the Tarot Deck as she is quite scary looking in the information I have found on her!

I started off sketching her out, and then I scanned my drawing and printed onto pastel printing paper..... and using Pastel Pencils, started to colour  (my Jury is still out on Pastel Pencils, but I do love the way they blend!)  I added the darkest shades first and blended in, then built up layers of colour to show highlights and shadows.....







(sorry about the change in piccies... some were flash.. some without! :-) )

I then added Twinkling H2O's for her hair......


This is my interpretation next to the Tarot Card.....



I then opened my beautiful new journal..... and made a background for her... cut her out and glued her in..... the writing I added was taken from the Card.......


And I am thrilled!!!!!

Another of the Goddesses in the pack is calling to me...... so she will be my next journal spread in the Goddesses Journal.......

Till next time.....xxxx


OK.. this is freaking me out a bit here... what is going on?   I have uploaded the piccie of her next to the card five times now... and on the original she has all white round her eyes... when it comes up on here, she has blue in her eyes....  it is not like that on the original... Hmmmmm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment