Sunday 15 September 2013

15/29 ... Halfway point!

And how quick it has flown!   Thrilled that with all that has been going on, I am still up to date (even if I did push it a bit on one day!!)

Had a mad busy day today... was due an Ikea delivery of my new Arty Workspace between 10 and 2, and they would phone an hour ahead of delivery.......  So imagine my surprise when my phone goes at twenty to eight!!!   Yes.. twenty to eight.. on a Sunday!   Thankfully, having been up half the night with my sore throat, I was already up and downstairs with a cuppa!!!

There was a very apologetic man on the other end of the phone...... the roads were totally clear and they were ahead of schedule... was that OK.. see you in 40 minutes!!!

Panic and get dressed then! :-)

SO ... by half eight.. all my new stuff was in the house, and operation assemble it all began.

Just waiting on the drill to charge to put up the shelves..... but here we are so far.... and I am THRILLED!!!!


Obviously.. the first thing I sorted was my pencils..... Feeling Very Happy now I have them all back to hand!!  It felt like part of me was missing!


But.. I still needed a face..... so I resorted to a much loved technique of the moment... which I discovered by Happy Accident (but you all probably know!!)

 A little while ago, I painted a watercolour face.. luckily onto gesso.. and hated her... so in an attempt to save.. I gessoed over the whole lot, ready to start again.....  Hmmm. watercolours "do their thing" with water.. and gesso is wet!!  It smears and smudges and goes all magical fantastical......

So.. I sketched a face.. rubbed it out so it was very faint.. then gessoed over (cos I love pushing watercolour about on gesso!)  Then I painted her.. and when it was all dry, out came the gesso again....  I LOVE this effect!!!

She is not finished.. but I read the rules.. that is OK..... so here she is.....   to be finished for tomorrow.. I hope!  (cos I have to start filling my beautiful new units too!)




Hope you like......  till face 16...... toodles! :-) x

1 comment:

  1. I think she's beautiful as she is but I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do to her.

    ReplyDelete