Friday 20 September 2013

20/29 and sitting here rather smug!

Hellllooooo!

Well... today.. I finally plucked up the courage to take my shiny new acrylics out of the box and use them...I have cheap ones I have been using for backgrounds etc... but these are a little posher.. and pricier :-)  and I am scared of them!

So.. with plenty of encouragement from the Fantabulous Glitterhood Girls....  I played..... and I have to say, I am rather impressed with them...... she became a little more "fantasy" than I was aiming for... mainly cos I am crap at mixing colours!  So I took the fantasy idea, and let her run with it and be free....

The background is Derwent Artbars  (there HAS to be something Derwent in everything I do.. even if it is only the pencil I sketch with... Addicted!!)  I scribbled them all around, painted out roughly with a waterbrush, then spritzed with more water.. let it react and swooshed it about to blend.....

AND.. as a first go... I am very very chuffed with her nose shading!  Bit Smug!!

Yayyyyyy!

Till tomorrows....xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment