Thursday 5 September 2013

Day five and....

Still going strong!

Been an interesting couple of days...... Been to Ikea today and bought loads of boxes to unload the craft cupboard ready to say goodbye and hello to the new system.............

Other than that... Doing Moonshine with the fab Effy... well... I am starting to embrace more of the content as well as the art side....  Yes, I am adoring the art.. but some of the prompts and deeper stuff is sinking in.....

For the past two days... I have been reading Euripides (yeah... nice light reading...  circa 431BC.. easy on the mind!!!!!) But.. I studied Medea when I was doing my degree.. and all the Mother mentions in Moonshine instantly bought Medea to mind..... Yes she was a cow... but I can't help having a grudging admiration for her, despite what she did, the poor girl was driven mad by her husband.. and as I am married to a Jason.. I so get her!!!!! :-)  (although I wouldn't go quite as far as she did!!!!!)

Anyway... along with pre biblical prose..... I had a song creep into my mind and stick too....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJiGu6Gz8E

This course is getting to me.. and we are still Week One... yeeeeehaaaaa  11 more weeks of this wonderfulness to go!!!

OK... 29 faces.... started this lady last night at art club, and finished her today..... I am starting to develop something... and I am THRILLED!!!!!


Oh.. and Good News..... the rest of my Tinted Charcoals turned up today....... so hopefully tomorrows lady will be in colour! LOL

Now... having played that song again...... I am off to watch American Werewolf in London..... Once I have the small pink person in bed!!!

Laters my lovelies! xxxxxx

(oh.. and having finished Medea and adored it just as much this time... my bath reading is Hecabe, not read that before.. so will be interesting!!!   Maybe if I read enough Euripides, I might eventually be able to read past the first page of Dante's Inferno...... which I am desperate to read.. but bores me silly!!!!!) xxx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on roll … arting, finding "lost" materials and making lovely faces. And life too! I'm delighted that you're thrilled. It's contagious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is so inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lady with slightly pouty mouth and gorgeous eyes.

    ReplyDelete