Wednesday 11 September 2013

Never Forget 11/9

Thoughtful day today..... remembering the hundreds and hundreds who lost their lives so tragically, brutally and unnecessarily twelve years ago.....  I still remember the disbelief I felt at the time.....  I was watching a DVD at home, hubby was off work and doing the decking in the front garden........ and when it finished,  I turned it off and thought I was on the Movie Channel or something watching some awful second rate action film.... then I realized I was watching Sky News and an airplane had just hit the Twin Towers..... in sheer horror I screamed for my hubby and just after he came in, the second plane hit.....  I will never forget the feeling of sickness and the heartbreaking realization that it wasn't all an accident..... my heart then, and now goes out to all who were affected on that terrible day....


I had art club tonight... and while I was there, I drew todays face.....  I tried for pensive..... I may or may not have got it, but I did get pretty......

Until tomorrow... she will do nicely!  Toodles <3 xxx


2 comments:

  1. She's a darling. A horrendous day for our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems hard to believe it was so long ago now. Time passes so quickly, that was the reason my son joined the Army, that and college. he stayed in for 8 years. Your "face" is a sweet one for sure!

    ReplyDelete